Monday, April 28, 2008

Reading Pillows.




Happy Monday to you!

We had a busy weekend of celebration. Saturday morning we celebrated my niece's 3rd birthday and then in the evening I was able to have some girl time with my girlfriends celebrating Christy and Jen's birthdays at Christy's place.

Sunday we went to church, got naps and celebrated Jen's big 3-0 again at a cookout at her place. Phew! Lots of good food and celebration.

I was able to sew a gift for the little birthday girl - a reading pillow. The pattern is by Montessori by Hand and it's pretty neat. There are page holders, a bookmark, a glasses pocket and a pencil pocket. The piping was a bit challenging for me, but I am hoping I get better with time!

You can see how the pillow works in the second picture. Oh - and another one of my Favorite Things! Those books by Munro Leaf are soo funny and cute. They are full of wonderful lessons for kids to learn and are communicated in a way that is enjoyable for moms and dads to teach too. Check them out on Amazon!!

Happy day,
ariana

7 comments:

Joy said...

Now if a certain niece's mom would just share her gift with her!!! ;) We love the reading pillow and we are slowly learning to take turns with it!!! Thank you thank you thank you!

Anonymous said...

umm.... i think i found what i want for my birthday!

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric!!
Buk Buk. Chickens are the best!
It's a WONDERFUL reading pillow!
(And I think the piping looks perfect!)
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

You know, I just had a birthday yesterday. Wouldn't this be a nice way to say Happy b-day Titi. I also love the fabric. I'm working on a quilted library bag. Hope it doesn't take as long as Kiersten's quilt.
Titi Lugu

Seni said...

Wow! Every time you post something you make, I am amazed. You have such talents and I love the fact that you share that with the people you love.

I really like the reading pillow, the fabric, the colors...everything! I agree with Cheryl, the piping looks great!!

Joni Kay said...

That is the coolest little pillow. Very creative...I enjoy looking at your budget busting creations! Thanks for sharing the ideas.
Joni Kay
I'm a friend of Joy and Becca's.

Chickpea said...

those look like fun book! I will have to check them out. The fabric for the pillow is terrific too!