Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Once you enter the blog world, you can explore so much! One of my favorite bloggers Pretty Ditty recently shared a recipe for Iced Pumpkin Cookies from All Recipes (I LOVE All Recipes) and I was definitely interested. I had already purchased two cans of pumpkin for my pantry because I love pumpkin flavors in the fall.

WOW! These cookies are awesome. I have tested them out - the only thing I did different from the recipe was use 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice and 1 tsp of cinnamon since that is what I had on hand.

By the way, click on the Pretty Ditty blog and explore her stuff. It's soooo cool.

Enjoy!!



ICED PUMPKIN COOKIES


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract


DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
  4. To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

2 comments:

Seni said...

They look yummy!

You have a great blog, something new everyday!

Pretty Ditty said...

Your cookies look WAY better than mine =) I think I'm going to have to copy and replace my cookie pic with yours ;) You've got some mad drizzling skills. Great job!