Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Guess Who's Back? Back Again?

Jellyfish on the beach
Feet on the beach
Matt and I
Kraig and a Jellyfish
Hey!
I am back from a Memorial Day in Southport, North Carolina! It seems such a charmed life to go to such neat towns and travel. And it is! I am grateful for the ability to travel and have trusted care for my Samuel, but I promise that it's not all roses!

Matt has been on a working streak for the last three weeks and has been in Southport for the last week and a half. I was able to drive (approximately 7.5 hours) to see him for a few days. No, the work did not stop while I was there! But it was time for me to hang out, read and go with the flow. We had about 1/2 a day to go out and Matt and Kraig (his co-worker) were able to ski and wake board that day. My job was to spot while I took a break from reading my book. :)

I was able to listen to two audio books on the way there and back. That is what entertained me for the long car drive and it was really fun! I listened to 2 books that I was not likely to pick up and read. They are The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella and The Second Assistant by Mimi Hare and Clare Naylor. Definitely light reading. And I don't feel guilty. For 2 reasons: One, I have done my time in school and enjoy light reading once in a while. Two, it's audio listening on the way to the beach!

For my more serious novel reading I read The Scarlet Thread by Francine Rivers. I am still in the heat of reading this one, but I definitely find it entertaining and would likely recommend it.

Well, I am back to getting settled in the duties of life and home. Again, there is no place like home, no matter what! I hope to share some home improvements and sewing projects soon. ;)

xoxo,
ariana

1 comment:

Seni said...

I really like that picture of you and Matt!

Funny you listened to Undomestic Goddess, I did the same thing when I had the long commute to and from work. My favorite part is cooking in the kitchen...too funny!

You are right, it is always nice to travel and see new places, but nothing beats home!